A Proven Leader For A Brighter Future
My name is Stephen Shelley and I am running for election to be Homestead's Vice Mayor. I ran for public office four (4) years ago to make Homestead better than I found it. Four (4) years later, Homestead is cleaner and more beautifully landscaped, business friendly and has more high quality public and charter schools than it did prior to my election. I am seeking re-election because there is still more work left to be done to make Homestead the City I believe it can be. I ask that you to take a few minutes to learn a little about me and what issues I hope to address if elected.
My 6-Point Pledge for Homestead
I pledge that I will implement the following measures to make sure the City of Homestead continues to be a unique place to live, work and play:
1) Advocate for additional police officers and focus on public safety,
2) Develop a balanced budget without raising property taxes or fees,
3) Focus on economic development and job creation,
4) Revitalize Historic Downtown Homestead through development of a Downtown Master Plan,
5) Advocate for a new park to serve the residents of Oasis and Waterstone,
6) Capitalize on our surrounding natural resources and eco-tourism by forging a partnership with Biscayne and Everglades National Parks to capture the millions of visitors that passively drive through our town each year.
If elected, I will work hard to implement this plan by utilizing my education in economics and the law and my government experience. I encourage you to contact me to learn more about me, my platform and my vision for the City of Homestead. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (786) 408-3619. The more questions, comments and concerns I receive from the community, the better advocate and councilperson I will become.